So many times at the end of the day it is easy to see all that is left undone. The rooms that are still a mess, the clean clothes that still aren’t folded, the items still left on the “to do” list. So tonight I’m going to focus on the positive.
Today I …
- Called the health insurance and dental insurance.
- Brought two kids to Target in the freezing cold.
- Spent some time cleaning up the downstairs.
- Wrote 2 blog posts.
- Cleaned part of the kitchen. There is now one counter that is completely cleaned off. It’s a start.
- Put pots, pans, lids and bowls back in the cupboard multiple times.
- Made dinner.
- Spray painted a basket.
- Played with Baby Boy.
- Remembered to have Medium Boy bring a check and the book bag to preschool. (Both of which were forgotten last Friday.)
- Read How the Grinch Stole Christmas to the big boys.
- Helped the big boys write letters to Santa.
- Talked to my husband and finally came to a decision on a dental issue we’re facing with Big Boy.
All of this on top of changing many diapers, getting drinks, dressing children, etc. I feel much better about my day now.
One thought on “Being Positive”
I am such a lists person and sometimes at the end of the day I look at the things I haven’t done yet on the list and that perhaps have been on the list for days (or weeks, sometimes) and get discouraged that I didn’t get anything done that day, then I look at all of the items already crossed out and think about the time I spent with my children or doing something for them and feel better. Thanks for helping me remember to look at the crossed out things more often!!!